If you have a firmware version newer than “xx01”, then you can use a “Live Update” using the WEB UI. Just connect to the Web UI by typing http://smarthub in your web browser’s address bar, and go to Maintenance ? Firmware Upgrade.
If you have a firmware version “xx00”, please do the following steps.
- On your PC's web browser, visit http://www.tsstodd.com, and find "F/W Download" for the optical Smart Hub.
- Click to download the firmware for your region. "TWxx" is for EU, UK, Asia, and etc. "AWxx" is for America.
- Select "USB FW Upgrade" and click "Download" to save the firmware to your PC.
- In this guide, we will explain firmware upgrade using a USB memory stick. Please select "WEB UI FW Upgrade" and follow the instruction if you don't have a USB drive available. "Boot Mode FW Upgrade" is only for advanced users.
- Plug a USB memory stick into the PC's USB slot. Create a folder named "se208bwfwupdir" (which means se208bw fw update directory) at the root of the USB memory stick.
- Copy the downloaded firmware file (208bwfw.tar.gz) to the folder created as above. Make sure that you downloaded the file after selecting "USB FW Upgrade" mentioned in the "Step 1".
- Now the USB memory stick for firmware upgrade is ready.
- Plug in USB drive to the USB port of the optical Smart Hub. Then power on the device by plugging in the power supply.
- USB LED and the power LED blink simultaneously while the firmware is upgrading.
- The firmware upgrade takes about 5~10 minutes. The optical Smart Hub will reboot automatically when the firmware upgrade is finished.
- You can plug out the USB drive when the optical Smart Hub finishes rebooting (when the power LED stops blinking and stays on).
- You can find the reset button from the back of the OSH. Use a pin or a ballpoint pen to push the button for more than 5 seconds. Then you can see the CPU LED and USB LED are blinking. Wait until the OSH restores the factory default settings